Ketogenic Diet and Weight-loss
Ketogenic Diet and Weight-loss
Here is a list of keto snack recipes for you to consider adding into your keto diet plan. The list includes sweeter snacks and savory snacks, so you can satisfy cravings without breaking your ketogenic diet.
These are a great snack food to buy or prepare ahead of time. You can stick them in a baggie or grab a handful and get on with your day. Almonds are high in saturated and unsaturated fats and plant protein which make them a great addition to your overall keto diet. You can follow the recipe below, or buy a can of salted almonds. Just make sure they have no hidden ingredients!
● 7 oz raw almonds ● 4 tbsp salt ● 1 cup boiling water
1. Boil 1 cup water with salt. Once boiling, turn off the heat.
2. Pour the almonds into the water. Let soak for 15-20 minutes.
3. Drain water.
4. Line a pan with parchment paper and spread out the almonds. You can add some extra salt, if desired.
5. Bake at 300F for about 20 minutes.
Recipe Macros - 1 oz. almonds contains:
Crispy, salty, and light. Say goodbye to potato chip cravings!
● small zucchini ● olive oil ● salt ● cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat and coat with olive oil (light coat).
3. Slice zucchini diagonally using a mandolin.
4. Coat the zucchini with a drizzle of olive oil and brush with basting brush.
5. Sprinkle with salt and cayenne pepper.
6. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Flip the zucchini and bake for another 20-30 minutes or until crisp.
7.1g; Protein: 1.2g
A variation of the recipe above, with blueberries for some extra antioxidants and flavor, and ground flax for some extra fat
● 2 tbsp chia seeds ● 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened) ●¼ cup blueberries ● 1 tbsp. ground flax ● stevia (optional)
1. In a mason jar, mix together ingredients, except for blueberries.
2. Place in the fridge overnight.
3. The next morning, stir again, and let sit in the fridge for another hour.
4. Add blueberries, and mix.
Fat: 11.1 g;
If you had a light breakfast or lunch, this hearty snack will make sure you have enough energy for your day while boosting ketosis and protecting your muscles.
●½ avocado ● 1 egg ● salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat broiler
2. Break an egg into half an avocado (the half without the seed)
3. Season with salt and pepper, and other seasonings, if desired
4. Place in broiler for 2-4 minutes, or until the egg reaches desired point
Bulletproof coffee has caught fire in the nutrition world, even for non-keto dieters. As long as you include it in your overall diet plan, you can go above and beyond and make a super-keto bulletproof coffee (ketoproof coffee) by adding MCT or coconut oil and heavy whipping cream in addition to the unsalted butter.
This is a great liquid snack that, thanks to the fat, will keep you full. Note that it is higher in calories than other snacks, so if you are looking for an option lighter in calories, you might want to cut the unsalted butter and whipping cream in half.
● 2 cups coffee ● 2 tablespoons grass-fed unsalted butter ● 2 tablespoons MCT oil or coconut oil ● 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream (optional) ● 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
1. Brew 2 cups of coffee and put into a bowl or large thermos -large enough to mix the other ingredients in.
2. Add butter, vanilla, heave cream, and MCT (or coconut oil) into the coffee.
3. Mix together with an immersion blender and enjoy
While this drink is called a “breakfast smoothie”, it can be enjoyed mid-morning or mid-afternoon on those days where you know your meals have been lacking.
It contains tons of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to keep you healthy and, not to mention healthy fats to keep you energized and in ketosis during your weight loss journey.
● 1.5 cups almond milk ● 1 oz spinach ● 50 grams cucumber ● 50 grams celery ● 50 grams avocado ● 1 tbsp coconut oil ● 10 drops liquid stevia ● 1 scoop protein powder (about 30 grams) ●½ tsp chia seeds (to garnish) ● 1 tsp matcha powder (optional)
1. Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend thoroughly.
Are you dealing with sweet cravings as you ease into weight loss? No need to give in with high-sugar snacks.
This peanut butter milkshake will not only do the trick, it will also help boost ketosis - as long as you stay within your macro balance.
● 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk ● 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder ● 1 tablespoon unsweetened peanut butter powder or unsweetened peanut butter ● 5 drops SweetLeaf stevia drops or other sweetener to taste ● dash sea salt
1. Place all of the ingredients in a blender and enjoy!
Carbohydrates: 6.4g (3.3g from fiber);
These are just as delicious as they sound, and they taste like a moist carrot cake, without all of the non-keto friendly ingredients like sugar and wheat flour. The shredded coconut gives the keto balls body and a unique texture.
They are easy to overdo, so make sure to stick to your diet plan! Note that if you want a sweeter version of this, you’ll have to add more stevia, which doesn’t necessarily agree with everyone’s keto regimen.
● 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened ●¾ c. coconut flour ● 1 tsp. stevia ●½ tsp. pure vanilla extract ● 1 tsp. cinnamon ●¼ tsp. ground nutmeg ● 1 c. grated carrots ●½ c. chopped pecans ● 1 c. shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Mix together all ingredients except carrots, pecans, and shredded coconut.
2. Fold in carrots and pecans.
3. Divide into 16 balls and roll in shredded coconut.
4. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate.
These very-low-carb keto fat bombs are more like keto dessert bites. The taste comes from vanilla extract, stevia, shredded coconut, and, of course, strawberries, while the keto nutrition comes from coconut oil. You can replace the coconut oil with MCT oil for an added ketogenic boost.
●¾ cup almond flour ●¼ cup coconut flour ●¼ cup shredded coconut ●½ cup strawberries ● 1 tsp vanilla extract ● 1 tbsp coconut oil ● 1 tsp stevia
1. Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor.
2. Divide the mix into 25 bites.
3. Chill the bites in the fridge until firm
Recipe Macros, each bite contains;
This smoothie is so pretty, you’ll just have to take a picture of it to upload on your insta. The key is to use full-fat coconut milk and MCT oil. You’ll be surprised to know that both fat and protein macros are both well into the double digits.
● 1 cup coconut milk ● 0.25 cup blueberries ● 1 tsp vanilla essence ● 1 tsp MCT Oil ● 1 scoop whey protein powder (optional)
1. Put all of the ingredients into a mixer and blend